Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eggsellent Easter

Happy Easter! This morning, Jeff and I woke up and felt a small version of what Christmas is like (never of the same magnitude of course), but slightly similar in that we both knew we had treats awaiting us from the other. Last night, we both went to the store and bought some Easter goodies for one another, and then stood in different check out lines, so as to keep them a surprise until we woke up Easter morning. I woke up to all my favorites: Starbursts, York Peppermint Patties, Gummy Bears, Laffy Taffys, and a 1 LB. SOLID CHOCOLATE BUNNY! Wow...I was SO happy (not just chocolate, but one whole pound of it...Hmm :) Jeff was excited to see that I had bought him a classic package of yellow peeps, Life Saver gummies shaped like eggs, a dove chocolate bunny and a miniature B-ball hoop.

Tonight, we even cooked our first ham with some delicious buttery rolls and scalloped (I refuse to call them Funeral Potatoes...especially on Easter) potatoes, and ate it beside some beautiful flowers and cards our families sent us.


Happy Easter. May we remember the wonderful blessing it is to have the knowledge that Christ has conquered death and that we will surely live with him again.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Those flowers are beautiful. I love all the spring colors in the arrangement.
Drew and I bought treats for each other too. It's fun to be the Easter bunny for someone.
I'm glad you had a good Easter. Your dinner sounds yummy too. Classic Easter dinner...can't get better than that :)

lori said...

you two are so fun! Glad you had a beautiful holiday! (I laughed and laughed at your scalloped potatoes comment =)