Friday, January 6, 2012

Skiing the Slopes



It was my first time skiing and I only fell down twice! Surprisingly good, right? I'm not for sure, but maybe my experience with ice skating helped a bit. Jeff, my dad, and I had a great time at Mt. Charleston in Las Vegas.


My grandma went with us to watch and to coach me, since she used to be a member of the ski patrol there years ago.


Honestly, I was slightly self-consious about my crazy outfit that day. Many of the other skiiers were wearing bright pink jackets with cute white ski pants, and I was doting this. I guess my excuse is that since I'd never been skiing before, I don't own ski clothes, so I used my dad's (no offense daddy) :)


I got bored with the Bunny Hill after the first try and went down the "Intermediate Hill" the rest of the day. My favorite part, however, was the Ski Lift...what a FUN ride! If you've never been on one, but don't want to ski, I'd highly recommend just going and riding all day.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

You were the hottest hotty on the mountain babe! Love ya.

Andrea Dawn said...

Wow. I'm super impressed you only fell down twice! Pretty sure I've never only fallen down twice in a ski day... :)