Wednesday, July 20, 2011

End of an Era






Warning: This post may seem overly dramatic and cheesy to those who don't know about my love for the Harry Potter Series (actually, it may even seem that way to those who do).

Harry Potter has been a part of my life since I was 11. It's weird to think it's actually over. As Jeff and I left the midnight showing on 7.15.11, I had to keep reminding myself there wouldn't be another book or movie. It's complete. It was a bitter-sweet moment for me as I watched the last few seconds of the film and stared at the three characters who have brought such fun and anticipation to my life for the past 11 years. I teared up as the Hogwarts Hymn played, and the screen faded to black. "To Harry Potter...the greatest series of all time."

2 comments:

Emily said...

No judgments here... I totally know how you feel. I LOVE Harry Potter (I have a Harry Potter scarf too:)... amongst a bunch of other stuff I'm trying to get rid of).

Rochelle said...

Jill! I am totally with you on the Harry Potter!! I loved the last movie, but hated seeing it end. You are awesome. :)