Sunday, June 26, 2011

Surprise!

Monday, June 20th was our 2 year anniversary and a few weeks before it, Jeff and I realized that we would be apart on that day! He would be at our new apartment in El Paso while I would be driving down from Vegas to El Paso with my mom. I had a friend's wedding to attend the Saturday before and Jeff and I figured I could go to Las Vegas to attend the wedding while he, his dad, and brother moved all out things to El Paso. While making these plans, it didn't even cross our minds that we wouldn't be together on the 20th.

So, on that Monday, my mom and I started the drive. She told me we'd drive until Phoenix and then stop for the night and continue to TX the next day. I thought it sounded like a good plan, and although I was a little sad that day, it being my anniversary and not seeing Jeff, my mom and I had a nice time together. At about 4:00, I feel asleep as my mom was driving and I woke up 2 hours later to a knock on my car window. I woke up and saw Jeff outside my window at the Phoenix airport with a dozen red roses. I was so surprised and so happy! My mom had been in on it the whole time.

We dropped my mom off at her hotel and then Jeff took me to an amazing restaurant called "The Compass" in Phoenix, which is an elegant circular restaurant, located on the 24th floor of a Hyatt resort in downtown Phoenix. The entire restaurant rotates, so in the 2 hours we were there, we saw the entire city, the sunset, and the city lights. After dinner, Jeff told me about an amazing hotel/resort he'd found reservations for online, and the best part was, it was on a golf course :)

Moral of the story...I have the most wonderful husband in the world! :)

1 comments:

Katelyn Lamoreaux said...

That is so cute! I'm glad you guys got to be together after all. Phil and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary this weekend! Crazy how fast time goes :) I miss you!