Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baby Showers

I think the biggest thing I've realized about pregnancy is how generous people are.  So far, I've been given two baby showers and they've been awesome! My mother-in-law hosted the first one for me in Utah and just today one of the girls from Jeff's medical school threw me a second here in El Paso! The only unfortunate thing about both was that I didn't snap as many pictures as I should have, but here are a few snapshots from both....

Utah Shower:










Diaper Pin game. 














Med School Shower:



Trish made some AMAZING homemade horde-overs!

...and a cute Diaper Cake!



What I enjoyed most about this shower were the Mommy Moments bags my lovely host made me. She pulled me aside after the shower and told me that as a new mom, I would definitely have days when I would feel overwhelmed, exhausted, etc. "At those times," she said, "you can grab one of these bags, sit in a quiet place by yourself and open one." Apparently inside each one is a little candy bar and an inspirational quote to lift my spirits at such times. Such a great idea! I can't wait to open my first one...(well, sorta)   ;)

I'm now looking forward to another two showers here in El Paso (one from previous co-workers & one from church) that, yet again, people have been so kind to throw for me. Baby Mohlman and I are definitely being spoiled. Thanks everyone!


0 comments: