Friday, September 6, 2013

Willow Tree Wishes

You've probably seen those Willow Tree Dolls/Angels around in Hallmark, Deseret Book, and other botiques. Maybe you even have one or two that were given to you as gifts. That's not exactly me...in fact, it's the complete opposite-I collect them. The story goes like this...

When I was 18 and ready to head off the BYU for college (and very excited, scared, nervous, etc), my Young Women's President gave me this doll as a gift.

I'd seen these dolls before, but never really paid much attention to them. I looked underneath the doll, where every product has a description  reminder . This one said;
COURAGE-Have the spirit of inspiration & courage.

I took this doll with me to college as a reminder. Ever since then,  I've collected them. Not just because they serve as beautiful decorations, but reminders of what's really important in life. Here are the ones I've collected (22 in total, yes...that's Twenty Two)


FORGET-ME-NOT (Inspired by President Uctdorf's recent Relief Society address)

 ANGEL OF HOPE. Seek the light of hope

ANGEL OF PRAYER. Believe in the power of prayer

ANGEL OF THE HEART. For those who love and are loved

ANGEL OF WISHES. Hold on to your dreams

BRIGHT STAR. Reflecting the light within

BROTHER & SISTER. By my side

ANGEL OF CELEBRATION. With joyful anticipation

 DREAMING ANGEL. Guard your hopes and dreams

FRIENDSHIP. The sweetest gift

HAPPINESS. Laugh, dance, sing, create

LOVE OF LEARNING. Open books, open minds

PROMISE. Hold dear the promise of love

SERENITY. Calm the soul, free the spirit

 SISTERS BY HEART. Sharing/understanding

SUNSHINE. In your life

SURROUNDED BY LOVE. Abounding love surrounds you

THANK YOU. Appreciating your kindness

WISDOM. A lifelong love of learning

AND, my most recent gift from a friend...

CHERISH. Awaiting a miracle


Among those I've collected, there are others I hope to have one day as well...

ABOUNDING. So much love

ANGEL OF MINE. So loved, so very loved

AROUND YOU. Just the nearness of you

ANGEL OF CARING. Always there, listening with a willing ear and heart

CLOSE TO ME. Apart or together, always close (for my mom)

ANGEL OF FREEDOM. Allowing dreams to soar

FREE SPIRIT. Dancing through life with laughter

ANGEL OF HOPE. Each day, hope anew

IRISH CHARM. May luck and laughter lift your days

ANGEL OF MIRACLES. Trusting in life's everyday miracles.

SOAR. A time to reflect, a time to soar

 YOU'RE THE BEST. Thank you for making a difference

Everyday, these dolls remind me of many things that I'm lucky to have and values I'd like to acquire still.

0 comments: