Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Longest Summer

I once heard someone say that the top three reasons they became a teacher were: June, July, and August. Pretty witty, yes...but in all seriousness, I am SO grateful for the time I had to spend with our families this summer. Those times always make me the happiest and provide the most cherished memories.

In June...

we went to Utah to visit Jeff's family. They have a time share in Eden, so we all got to stay in a cute little cottage and play golf...
...hike a mountain with a beautiful waterfall at the top,

 (Jeff picked me some wildflowers on the way up the trail...aww!)
 

 
...and went water skiing & tubing.




While in Utah, June 20th came upon us (our 3rd ANNIVERSARY!) To celebrate, we decided to stay at possibly one of the coolest places in Salt Lake City... The Anniversary Inn. 
 
Needless to say, it was the most beautifully ornate and intricately decorated suites I've ever seen...
 

  








 


 



We ordered dinner to be sent to our room, and Jeff secretly ordered 1 dozen roses for me.


 

 

Here's to the next year! What an awesome anniversary. I sure love you Jeff!


Later that week in Utah we went to this beautiful family's sealing! Chris and Ashley are our friends from El Paso, and we had the privilege of teaching them the temple preparation lessons before their sealing day in their hometown temple back in Logan, Utah.


Next off, this is officially my new favorite store! A couple of my best friends and I went to the new City Creek Mall in SLC.

I love these girls!

Later in the month, Jeff and I visited our favorite place in Utah:


It brought back such good memories :)


And guess what, Gates Hall is still standing! I didn't think it would still be standing because I knew they were in the process of building new Heritage Halls. It was a great place to live freshman year, and (if you'll recall) the place Jeff took me to start the night of our engagement!




I also got to see where I used to work-Campus Craft & Floral at their new location
 

And of course, we had to stop by our first apartment.
 


At the end of June, we flew with Jeff's family to California!



On the second day, while everyone else went to a water park, we headed to the Happiest Place on Earth (AKA: my second home)





(If you haven't been to the Blue Bayou in Disneyland, you need to go ASAP. It's my favorite restaurant because it's right on Pirates of the Caribbean).


(This has got to be the happiest duck in the entire world).




At the end of the night, Jeff bought me a red Mickey Mouse balloon :)


The next day we headed to the Anaheim Angels game, although the entire family was rooting for the Orioles.



We headed to our beach condos next...











...and had a great time at the beach...



...(with the exception of falling asleep there on the sand for 3 hours)
Thanks for the great time Mohlman family! 

In July...


We flew to Vegas :)
Pretty much all we did while we were there was spent time with these guys.
Between swimming lessons,
and batting cages,
and celebrating my mom's birthday,


and watching gymnastics lessons,


(future Olympians pictured above and below)


and going to watch the Sacramento Kings (let's be honest...Jimmer Fredette) play in their Summer League Games,

(Jeff showing off his new Jersey)
Why yes...these are front row seats.
Jeff and Jimmer in the same picture (just like ol' buddies, huh?) We thought so.




and playing dress up,


and going to the temple,


and the Discovery Children's Museum,



and the Spring Mountain Ranch Outdoor picnic and play,





and Yogurtland, :)





and golfing,




and to the Mall,

(I'm so proud that Rachey likes big sparkling jewelry)
(and that they both love Disney just about as much as I do).




ahh...Home Sweet Home.

In August...

we came back to Texas, Jeff started his second year of Medical School, I learned how to go grocery shopping and make my own bed again, and oh yes...I blogged.










4 comments:

Amanda said...

That sounds like a wonderful summer! But, it still seems like it went by too fast

Carlie said...

Jill! This sounds like a fabulous summer! I'm glad you two were able to spend so much time with your families! That's such a nice perk of being a teacher! Hope you have another great year teaching!

Stephanie said...

How fun! I am jealous you get to still enjoy summers and have a fun break! You picked the right career! Looks like a wonderful time with your families. Thanks for keeping us up to date! Love you!

Katelyn Lamoreaux said...

Wow!!! It looks like you had quite the summer! I love and miss you :)