Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines; What the Kids Gave Me


I opened the door in the morning to 20 five year olds standing there with their arms overflowing with Valentines for the class and for me. I've actually never seen so much candy or heart-shaped boxes of chocolates in my life! So, I told the kids to put everything they brought on my desk, and there was a mad rush of little ones trying to relieve their tired arms from the boxes of cookies, cupcakes, candies, and flowers they brought. That day, the other teachers at school were just as swamped with presents as I was when they asked me, "Doesn't it make you feel gross just thinking of all that candy they gave us?" "Absolutely!!!" I answered. (I secretly LOVED it). That afternoon, I think I had more fun than all the kids combined, helping them read the names on the gifts they brought to know who they were supposed to give it to, and watching the beaming smiles of those on the receiving end. Oh what happiness Valentine's Day brings...especially when you get a solid Hershey's chocolate apple!

0 comments: